Saturday, December 20, 2014

Douglas Harding

Douglas Harding 1909-2007


There once was an Englishman who understood Zen deeply and completely.
He answered the famous Zen koan (question): What did your face look like before you were born?
Douglas Harding.
Why have I, interested in Waking Up for 30 odd years, never heard of this man before?
I read about headlessness and facelessness and eyelesssness in some obscure Tibetan text on the Net and couldn't locate it anymore afterwards. It was in Sam Harris's book, Waking Up that I first heard of The Man without a Head, Douglas Harding, a couple of months ago now.
This lead me to the Headless website:
http://www.headless.org/

I began doing the experiments and I immediately Woke Up (to the true nature of reality). I then did the experiments with my students and two of them had a profound Waking Up experience.

Headlessness? Experiments? You might wonder. Has she finally gone insane indeed?

Check it out.

Here's an introduction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q3VacEvh8M

Wonderful stuff!







No comments:

Post a Comment