Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The near-LSD experience

I was standing in the toilet of the library filling my water bottle. It was the end of a working day and I was lost in thought. Then I brought awareness as I now do habitually. I saw how kind of bored I was standing there, looking at the water hitting the inside of my plastic bottle. Everything around me looked boring. I was longing for something interesting, anything, for example something like this:

Photo Diedier Van de Steene (Belgium)
 
 
I brought awareness to my boredom, to the whole experience of standing there and then BAM, it happened, I was 'behind the waterfall' of my thoughts. My thoughts were not in the way of direct experience. The veil had fallen for a while. I looked at the water and saw how incredible it was. How unbelievably beautiful. How abstract the world was, with me in it and that water. It was like a Raveel painting (I am pretty sure the painter Raveel was at least partly enlightened). The water kept it's diamond-like preciousness even when I walked away from the tap. In the bottle it seemed to me the most precious thing on earth. And then I also understood. I understood that water IS the most precious thing on earth, more valuable then the most expensive jewel. It was a very deep understanding that went beyond economic reasoning. I was deeply moved, deeply impressed, deeply grateful and deeply happy in a non-passionate way, I understood deeply too. I saw millions of little moments blend into the water bottle filling experience as a whole, like frames of a film. I saw reality rearranging itself to be seen through my eyes.  It was very significant. A near LSD-experience. In the desert. Where water is scarce. This all lasted perhaps for about 15 seconds, but it felt as if a day had past.
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment